Thursday 18 February 2016

Ike Isaacs and the Glittering Guitars: Play the Music of Michel Legrand


Couldn't believe my eyes when I found this today. I was out buying loo-rolls at the local T***O with my ickle one and she asked to go to the charity shop next door. Now I, not being one to pass up the chance to go and see if there are any long lost classics, said yes! Thank goodness I did. 20 albums for less than a fiver and some pretty fab ones at that. This one though, Oh! this is the one. 
Ike Isaacs is one of my all time favourite guitarists, full-stop. His albums (although not rare) are a pain to get hold of and I only own two. I'll not bore anyone with a biog of Ike but I will say that he was one of Britain's greatest jazz musicians, respected world wide but sadly, hardly known to the general public. Martin Taylor cites Ike as a massive influence, and that's enough for me. 

I've arranged a few Ike tunes in my time so I thought I'd add one of them to the post (for any guitarists out there).








No comments:

Post a Comment